PIW has helped hundreds of students find internships in Washington, engaged hundreds of alumni in mentoring and hiring interns from Penn, and organized dozens of events designed to give Penn students opportunities to explore some of the many fascinating topics addressed in the public policy arena and to meet some of the most important decisionmakers in Washington.
Follows are some program highlights:
- During the academic year PIW advises students in the College who are searching for internships in Washington. Our database includes over 1,000 internship sponsors.
- Academic year activities also include:
- Bringing public policy leaders to campus who can excite students about a policy topic they had not previously considered.
- A day trip to Washington in the fall which introduces freshmen and sophomores to Washington.
- The day-long shadows program, which sends several seniors to DC for a day in the spring to meet with alumni who can help them find a job.
- During the summer PIW moves to Washington. Activities include:
- Opportunities for Penn students to talk to Penn alumni in leadership roles about employment;
- Events that allow alumni to re-connect with each other and with Penn students;
- Speakers such as Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, and many others;
- And social events organized by the PIW student club.
Please visit our other pages for more details and contact Deirdre Martinez with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org